Nel Regno Unito qualunque attività lavorativa è regolata da un contratto tra l’employer (ossia il datore di lavoro) e l’employee (il dipendente). Ogni contratto definisce termini, condizioni, diritti e doveri di entrambe le parti, e può essere rescisso (sia dal datore di lavoro che dall’impiegato) alle condizioni stabilite e con un certo preavviso.
In questa guida analizzeremo punto per punto un modello standard di contratto di lavoro in UK, per illustrarne i vari punti e, in questo modo, offrire a ogni utente la possibilità di verificare cosa prevede il proprio contratto di lavoro, e soprattutto che sia tutto in regola.
Scarica il contratto di lavoro in inglese in formato PDF[/sociallocker]
L’intestazione di contratto di lavoro inglese
This contract is drawn up with reference to the Employment Rights Act 1996. This statement sets out your terms and conditions of and forms part of your Contract of Employment with XXXXXX (hereinafter referred to as “Company”).
London, United Kingdom
- Name of employer: XXXXXX
- Employer’s address: XXXXXX
- Telephone number: XXXXXX
- Name of employee: XXXXXX
- Address: XXXXXX
- National Insurance Number: XXXXXX
- Telephone number: XXXXXX
- Emergency number: XXXXXX
- ID card number/Passport number: XXXXXX
- Commencement of employment and continuous employment
- Job description
- Job location(s)
- Working overseas
- Hours of work
- Sickness absence
- Pension scheme
- Health and Safety
- Medical Examination
- Data protection
- Personal Property
- Company property
- Outside interests
- Intellectual property
- Disciplinary and dismissal and grievance procedures
- Right of search
- Collective agreements with trade unions
- Ending the employm zent & Termination
- Garden Leave
- Post termination obligations
- Alterations to particulars of employment
- Former agreements
- Reference checking
- What to wear at work
- Disciplinary procedure
- Grievance procedure
Un contratto di lavoro inizia generalmente con l’elenco dei dati di riferimento delle parti contraenti, ossia dell’employee e dell’employer. Quando vi presentano un contratto di lavoro, è importante verificare sia che i dati dell’azienda in vostro possesso corrispondano a quelli dichiarati sul contratto, sia che i vostri dati personali siano riportati correttamente.
Inizio e fine di un contratto di lavoro, descrizione delle mansioni e luogo di lavoro
- 1. Commencement of employment and continuous employment: your employment with XXXXXX began on XX/XX/XXXX. The contract has no temporal limit and could be terminated with the appropriate notice required.
- 2. Job description: develop actionable consumer centric insights to support the execution of brand strategies in line with the future market trends.You are required to perform all such tasks, duties and obligations and comply with all such requests as may be designated by the Company.
- 3. Job location(s): your place of work is: XXXXXX. The Company shall have the right from time to time to vary the place of employment within the Company, subject to reasonable advance notice of the change being given to you and provided that the new place of work is within a reasonable commuting distance. You will be not require to work outside of the UK.
- 4. Working overseas: You are not expected to work overseas.
I primi punti del contratto di lavoro definiscono in maniera chiara la data di inizio della propria attività lavorativa, la descrizione dettagliata delle mansioni da compiere, qual’è il luogo di lavoro (e se questo può cambiare nel corso del tempo), e ancora se sono previste trasferte all’estero oppure no.
Inizio e fine di un contratto di lavoro, descrizione delle mansioni e luogo di lavoro
- 5. Pay: your rate of pay is £ XX gross per hour. The amount shown is Gross. This will be paid monthly in arrears, directly into your bank account on the day XXth of each month. For example the XXth of XXXXXX wage is for the 01/XX/XXXX to 31/XX/XXXX periods (XXXXXX month).
- 6. Hours of work:
- You are employed to work Full Time.
- Your normal working hours will be 40 hours per week.
- You will work on the following days: From Monday to Friday.
- You will normally work between the hours of 10:00 and 18:00.
- You are entitled of 20 minutes break per day, not cumulative.
- You will never be required to work nights.
- You will occasionally be required to work weekends and overtime.
- Any overtime, if worked over 40 hours, will be paid at your normal hourly rate.
- 7. Holidays:
- You are entitled to 28 days holiday per year.
- This includes public holidays, bank holidays and company closing days.
- You will occasionally be required to work public holidays or bank holidays.
- You will have to accumulate the holidays before to use them.
- You cannot use more holidays than you are entitled to.
- You cannot take holiday if someone else is already on is annual leave or sick or ill.
- The statutory holiday leave runs from January to December.
- Unused entitlement may not be carried forward to the next holiday year.
- Company closing days will be communicate two weeks in advance.
- For the purpose of this contract Bank Holidays are classed as normal working days and there are no enhances payments made.
- You will have to communicate three weeks in advance intention to take holidays by e-mail to XXXXXX In 48 hours working time one of the director will reply to you with an autorization for the holiday, if your request will be accepted.
- You cannot take holidays from 01 June to 15 august of any year, and from the 15th of September to 15th of November.
- You cannot take more than 9 consecutive holiday days, inclusive weekends (Saturday or Sunday, unless agreed otherwise), public holidays and bank holidays.
- Company closing days: 24 December, 25 December, 26 December, 1st of January. We may decided at anytime during the year to close and we will advise you with three weeks in advance.
Assenze per malattia e schema pensionistico
- 8. Sickness absence: if you cannot work because of illness, you must inform XXXXXX as early as possible on the first day, or before, and each subsequent day when you are unable to work by written e-mail to:XXXXXXXXXXX. Self-certification is not allowed and you must provide a Doctor’s Certificate for all periods of absence due to sickness. You will be not entitled to any Company sickness payments, however you will be entitled to statutory sick pay when appropriate, in accordance with the statutory provision. Statutory sick pay will not be payable until the third day of sickness absence. The sickness year runs from January to December.
- 9. Pension scheme: there is no company pension scheme and therefore there is no contracting-out certificate in force for this employment, in England under the Pension Schemes Act 1993, or in Northern Ireland under the Pension Schemes (Northern Ireland) Act 1993.
Questi due punti definiscono la prassi che il lavoratore deve seguire in caso di malattia (in questo caso è tenuto a notificare al datore di lavoro la propria assenza durante il primo giorno di malattia, se non riesce a farlo in anticipo). L’altro punto trattato è lo schema pensionistico di riferimento per il presente contratto. Va segnalato che in UK le aziende possono adottare, a propria discrezione, un piano pensionistico privato, che si affianca allo schema pubblico a cui aderiscono tutti i lavoratori pagando le tasse.
I termini del rapporto tra azienda e dipendenti, diritti e doveri
Un contratto di lavoro ben redatto, prevede l’esposizione per iscritto di tutte le possibili circostanze che potrebbero verificarsi durante l’intercorrere del rapporto di lavoro. Riportiamo di seguito le principali clausole che potreste incontrare sul vostro contratto inglese:
10. Deductions: in line with Part II of the Employment Right Act 1996 the company may deduct from your wages any sums due by you including cost of repairing any damage or loss to the Company’s property caused by you and any cash and stock shortages or losses suffered by the Company as a result of any act of negligence or breach of duty by you. You will receive prior written of the Company’s intention to make deduction. You will be held responsible for any money paid to you by clients in the office. In the case of lost or error they will need to be refund by you between 3 to 4 working days.
- 11.Health and Safety: you are reminded that you have a statutory duty to observe all health and safety rules and take all reasonable care to promote health and safety at work, both that of yourself and your fellow employees. Wilful or negligent breaches of the Health and Safety Policy will be dealt with through disciplinary action.
- 12. Medical Examination: the Company reserves the right to call for a medical examination to determine your fitness to work on general or specific duties. It is a condition of your employment that you will agree to such any request. Disciplinary action my be taken if this request is refused and any company sick pay may be withheld.
- 13. Data protection: you agree that the Company shall hold details pertinent to your employment on file as part of its personnel records, which may be include sensitive information. This information may be processed for administrative or legal purpose or as required by your continued employment. You must inform the Company of any change of address or other personal circumstances.
- 14. Personal Property: the Company does not insure employee’s property and accepts no liability or loss or damage. You are advised to arrange your own insurance for your personal property.
- 15. Company property: you are required to take good care of and account to the Company for loss or damage of its property (in accordance with any rules or instruction which may be advised) and promptly return it on leaving.
- 16. Outside interests: you may not make personal profit from the Company’s business, nor receive any gift or benefit from any person or organisation supplying goods to or dealing with the Company. You may not engage or have an interest in any other business or occupation unless the written consent of the Company has been obtained and you are not permittes to engage in any activity which might interfere with the performance of your duties or cause a conflict of interest. You represent and warrant that you are not bound by or subject to any court order, agreement, arrangement, or undertaking which in any way restricts or prohibits you from entering into this Agreement or from performing your duties under it.
- 17. Confidentiality: you must not, at any time during your employment (except in proper performance of your duties) or after its termination divulge to any third party or otherwise make use of any trade secret or information of a confidential or secret nature which comes to your knowledge during your employment relating to the Business of the Employer. You further undertake to use your best endeavours to prevent the publication, disclosure or use by any third party of the trade secrets or confidential information referred to above. For the avoidance of doubt “confidential information” includes but is not limited to all documentary and other information relating to the business, organisation, finances, customers, clients and suppliers, potential customers, clients and suppliers, and staff of the Employer. It also include information in respect of which the Employer is bound by obligation of confidence to a third party.
- 18. Intellectual property: subject to the relevant provisions of the Patents Act 1977, the Registered Designs Act 1949 and the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 if at any time in the course of your employment you make or discover or participate in the making or discover of any Intellectual Property relative to or capable of being used in the business, the Company or any associated company you shall immediately disclose full details of such Intellectual Property to the Company and at the request and expense of the Company appropriate forms of protection for the Intellectual Property in such parts of the world as may be specified by the Company and for Vesting all rights in the same in the Company or its nominee. For the purpose of this clause “Intellectual Property” means patent;trademarks;service marks; registered designs; application for any of the foregoing’; trade business and brand names, unregistered marks, service marks and logos, copyrights (and all goodwill in the same) including without limitation to the foregoing copyright in menus; rights in designs, databases and inventions; know-how; rights under licences, consents, orders, statute or otherwise in relation to such rights; and rights of the same or similar nature arising or subsisting in any part of the world.
- 19. Disciplinary and dismissal and grievance procedures: the Company Disciplinary and Dismissal and Grievance procedures are in place to ensure fair and consistent treatment for all employees. These policies are avaiable at each site from your Manager and in your Employee Handbook. It is essential that you familiarise yourself with these. Please note that the Company reserves the right to review and update these policies. The Company also reserves the right not to apply the full disciplinary policy and procedure during your probationary period.
- 20. Right of search: the Company of Client to whom you are assigned may request the right to search you or your belongings at any time. Please refer to the Employee Handbook for details of the procedure which should be followed if the Company requests to search you or your belongings.
- 21. Collective agreements with trade unions: there are no collective agreements with trade unions or other employee groups affecting this employment.
Tra le principali clausole previste in un contratto standard inglese, troviamo quanto segue:
- La possibile deduzione, dal proprio stipendio, di somme di denaro volte a pagare eventuali danni causati dal lavoratore alle proprietà dell’azienda sia materialmente che in seguito a gravi negligenze;
- l’obbligo per i dipendenti di rispettare scrupolosamente le norme di salute e sicurezza previste sul posto di lavoro;
- il diritto da parte dell’azienda, se necessario, di chiedere al lavoratore una visita medica per verificarne la compatibilità con il lavoro che andrà a svolgere;
- norme interne varie che prevedono il trattamento dei dati personali del dipendente ai fini dello svolgimento del lavoro;
- il rapporto di esclusività con l’azienda per cui si lavora (qualora fosse previsto) e il divieto di trarre profitti personali da attività legate alla società nella quale si pè impiegati;
- la massima riservatezza nei confronti di dati societari, progetti e qualsiasi documentazione sia ritenuta “confidential” (ossia riservata);
- clausole varie ed eventuali sulla “proprietà intellettuale” di tutto ciò che viene creato e prodotto sul luogo di lavoro;
- norme disciplinari di vario genere ed eventuali accordi sindacali previsti per il proprio lavoro.
Termine del contratto e fine del rapporto di lavoro
22. Ending the employment & Termination:
- If you want to leave this employment, you must give 6 weeks written notice.
- We must give you 1 months notice if we want to end this employment.
- During any period of notice, the Company reserves the right to alter any of your duties, as seen as appropriate.
- The Company reserves the right to make a payment in lieu of notice. In cases of gross misconduct and summary dismissal there is no entitlement to notice or pay in lieu of notice. The right to all or part of the notice period may be waived by mutual consent.
- On termination of your employment you must return to the Company all uniforms, keys, documents and other Company property which may have been allocated to you. Failure return such items will result in the cost of the items being deducted from any monies outstanding to you. Any outstanding money owed to you will be paid at the end of the month on your normal pay day.
- Notice cannot be given from the 15th of May until 25 of July and from the 15 of August until 25 of October.
- Communication of notice must be made by written letter to directors and e-mail to: XXXXXX.
- 23. Garden Leave: the Company reserves the right to place you on Garden Leave for all or part of your notice period.
- 24. Post termination obligations: once your contract ceases you will not at any time directly or indirectly entice or endeavour to entice any person to break their contract of employment with the Company.
- 25. Retirement: all the employees will be given the opportunity on their 65th birthday to retire or to request to continue working past this age. The company will notify you of your proposed retirement at least six months and no more than twelve months before the date. You will be fully informed of your rights and entitlements at that time, including the right to request to continue working beyond this date.
L’ultima parte del contratto generalmente è dedicata alle condizioni da rispettare, da entrambe le parti contraenti, nel momento in cui termina il rapporto di lavoro. L’accordo prevede che sia il dipendente che il datore di lavoro, qualora decidano di interrompere il contratto, debbano dare un determinato preavviso, denominato in inglese “notice“. In questo caso, l’azienda si riserva il diritto di applicare anche il “Garden Leaving”, che prevede l’assenza del dipendente dal lavoro, su richiesta della società, durante il periodo di notice, anche se questo viene comunque retribuito come da contratto. Alcuni obblighi contrattuali, infine, possono permanere anche dopo la fine del rapporto di lavoro, come ad esempio il divieto di divulgare informazioni sensibili sull’azienda o utilizzare progetti realizzati per i propri scopi personali.