• Present mood boards, inspiration, and color stories for each collection.
• Design and CAD all apparel (including headwear, tops, bottoms, outwear, and accessories).
• Create tech packs and specs for each style as needed.
• Design new inline and custom art for each collection and help with merchandising layout.
• Design SMU products and make any necessary adjustments per SMU-client request.
• Have the ability to design with cost-engineering in mind; resulting in best Price/Product ratios.
• Pay attention to the importances of textiles and fit.
• Retouch, color correct, and photoshop as needed.
• Follow design schedules to ensure deadlines are met; must be able to adhere and enforce to the Design/Production calendar.
• Cross collaborate between design, sales, production, and marketing departments.
• 4+ years of experience required.
• Proficient in Adobe Suite products.
• Must be a Mac.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Team player who is a self starter looking to grow in a fast pace apparel start up.
• Aware of current fashion trends / pop culture and ability to forecast future trends.
• Passionate about apparel design.
• Should be familiar with big and tall clothing and apparel